Cherie Carter-Scott, Ph.D.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn what you most need to know. The lessons presented are often completely different from those you think you need.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works". You learn as much from failure as you can from success.
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, (as evidenced by a change in your attitude and ultimately your behavior), you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are additional lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is not better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here".
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.When tempted to criticize others, ask yourself what behavior of yours they are mirroring.
8. What you make of life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you create with them is up to you. Remember that through desires, goal-setting and right effort you can have anything you want, but not everything you want. Persistence is the key ingredient for success.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is ask, look, listen and trust.
10. You will forget all this.You will forget all the above rules unless you regularly practice some means of staying focused and grounded in the present. Your ego will continually try to trick you into blaming your past or becoming anxious about the realities of life.
thanks to ciordia9