To change the WHOIS contacts:
1. Log in to Account Manager:
a. Open a Web browser (e.g., Netscape, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.)
b. Type http://www.networksolutions.com in the address line then press the enter key.
c. Click on Account Manager in the top navigation menu then Log in with your User ID and password.
2. Click on the Edit Account Contacts button in the left-hand navigation bar. If you have more than one account, select the radio button next to the Account for which you want to update WHOIS Contacts then click on the Edit Contacts button.
3. In the Edit WHOIS Contacts section click on the View/Edit WHOIS Contacts link.
4. Select the check box next to the domain name(s) you want to update then click on the Continue button.
5. Select the radio button next to the contact you want to update, Administrative Contact, Technical Contact or Both, then click on the Continue button.
6. Select the radio button next to Yourself if you want to be the contact, or select the option that describes how you will identify the contact (e.g., already has access, NIC handle, or User ID) then click on the Continue button.
If you want to assign someone who is not already associated with Network Solutions and isn't identifiable by the options provided, or you want to create alternate contact information for yourself using a valid e-mail address, click on the create a new user link below the box:
a. When prompted to log out of Account Manager, click on the Log Out button.
b. Type a User ID in the Enter User ID text box, type a password in the Enter new password text box and type it again in the Re-enter new password text box (Passwords must be 4-8 characters in length), select a security question from the Select your password security question drop down menu, type the answer to the question in the Enter your response text box and then click on the Save button.
c. Type the profile information in the appropriate text boxes for the new user then click on the Save button.
d. Click on the Click Here to Logout link.
e. Log back in to Account Manager and repeat Steps 4-8, selecting valid User ID when prompted with Replace current contact with:
7. If you selected:
n Yourself you will see an on screen confirmation.
n Another person you select with access to this account select the radio button next to the person then click on the Save button and you will see an on screen confirmation.
n Another person you select by entering a valid NIC handle type the NIC handle in the text box then click on the Continue button and you will see an on screen confirmation.
n Another person you select by entering a valid User ID type the User ID in the text box then click on the Continue button and you will see an on screen confirmation.
Your WHOIS Contacts have been updated. Once changes have been made in Account Manager, the modified records should take effect in the WHOIS database within 36 hours.
To go directly to WHOIS Lookup, copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/WHO IS/WHOIS
For more detailed instructions on any task within Account Manager, visit our User Guide at http://www.accountmanageruserguide.com
We hope this information has been helpful. However, if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.
As a Network Solutions customer, you are entitled to unlimited access, day or night, to technically skilled customer service representatives who are dedicated to delivering any level of support you may need. To reach us, call 1-888-642-9675. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-703-742-0914. Or, e-mail us at email@example.com.
If you do need to contact us to discuss this issue further, please refer to Service Request # 1-214831330.
Network Solutions Customer Support
what i sent back: this is all well and good except that i don't know my username or password since i've never used them, and if i request them, they will be sent to the very email address that i need to change, which doesn't exist!
they charge $32 for this?????